Friday 3 January 2014

Happy New Years!

It is finally 2014! I can't believe it! It feels like just yesterday I was back in Collingwood with the Sorleys counting down the hours untill 2013! We knew it was going to be super busy and so I had been bracing myself for when it got really busy. I didn't start work untill 4:30 so I did what I normally do in the morning... Sleep. I thought traffic was going to be horrendous so I got a super early bus. The 2:15 bus left and arrived on time and as it takes only about 10 min to get to work I had a lot of time to kill before work. The park was super busy that if the park was any more full it would of taken me longer to walk to canada then the bus ride to the park. I sat in the break trailer for almost two hours before I started work. People from the attraction would come inside and tell stories about how had it was out there and it terrified me. By the time I got out there apparently the crowds died down a lot. We didn't hit capacity but at one point we had 510 people in the theatre so 100 people short. They blocked off the top floor of the pavilion as they often do for special events. They did it because it was part of the dinner package that le cellier offered. It was a fireworks viewing. This made people only come through one entrance in the pavilion so our numbers dropped a lot. That was okay with me. We all did our best with the crowds and then once time for fireworks came around there was only Kristal, Vicky, Leah, Alison and myself. We all left position and went to watch the fireworks. There was only one way to go to the movie and the guests would have to pass us so we kept an eye on it even though we knew no one would come. The fireworks started off with the normal illuminations and then they had fireworks for every country in world show case that had already celebrated New Years. They went in order and then once that was over they had a count down and the once the clock struck midnight a huge finalle. It was so cool it looked like the just put all of their brightest fireworks off at once. It was so loud you could eat the buildings around you shaking. After that it meant we only had an hour left. This plus the fact it was a new year made everyone still there in a good mood. It was only three of us at this point because Vicky and Allison went home. The hour went by so fast and then Kristal and myself closed the attraction and then wet as fast as we could to the bus. She was telling me how a cordinator told her they had a movie set up ad a zig zag que. I didn't believe her. Untill we walked out and saw that the indeed had a movie playing with a que line. We got on the third bus that came and so where only standing in line for an hour maybe a little less. I got home at about 2:30-3:00 wich was earlier then I expected. I got home and ate food before going to bed. Like I normally do. Over all a good day and a great start to the new year.


Have a magical day! 

Sam 

No comments:

Post a Comment