Sunday 5 January 2014

A night full of firsts and lasts

Today was a bitter sweet day. Kim had the day off and although I had plans for a little bit of the day but I thought we would still have time to do something together. It was a girl I worked with Robyn's last day at work so I wanted to go and see her last spiel. I hard planed to go see that and then come home and go to Walmart. Kim also wanted to go to Walmart so we decided to go quickly before I had to go to Epcot. It normally takes about 25 min to get from vista to Walmart, not today though. It took 30 min to get to the commons with the traffic. I thought about getting off the bus and then going back home until I needed to go to Epcot, but I decided to stay on the bus. I got everything I needed from Walmart and then went back to housing as I possibly could. I heard Robyn tell someone that her last spiel was going to be at 3:30 and as we didn't leave housing until 2:18 I thought for sure I had missed it. It took me a record breaking time of 6 min to get from cast services to greeter at the attraction. That was really fast as I didn't run or jog and walking my normal pace takes me almost 10 min to get from cast services to backstage. I saw that Jeremy was at greeter and so I went to say hi, he asked if I was there to see Robyn's last spiel. Thinking I had missed it I just told him I was there to say good bye. Turns out I was there just in time as she was going to do her last spiel the beginning of the next show. I went inside and stood off to the side and watched it happen. I didn't really know how it worked so it was a good learning experience. To anyone reading this who is going to do the program, go to someones throw out / last what ever who you are not that close with. I know the next two people who are going to be leaving will be harder for me to say goodbye too. Well, at least one of them. After that I stayed around to watch her boot toss. This I had seen before but it was the first time it was someone from the attraction. After Robyn went into the office to sign something and I knew they where going to MK after. I asked her if it was okay for me to join them. She said it was okay and so from there we went back to cast services to drop off her last costume and then we started to walk back into epcot. We where going to get the monorail bust first we decided to get lunch from Japan as that was something Robyn could eat as a veg person and it would be less busy. Oh yeah, I should probably explain who "we" where. It was Robyn, Leah and this girl Tori from F&B. After lunch we walked to the monorail to MK. This was the first time I had done this so it was good for me to finally do this. We decided to go and get fast passes for big thunder mountain and with the passes we had we could get 7. After this we went to the people mover. We went around once and then decided to go again, this time space mountain was 101 meaning they where down and we could see everything. After going through that part we decided to go around again. Unfortunately space mountain was 102 meaning they where down but they where having test runs. After the three times around we decided to get Robyn that ice cream she wanted. Fun fact they have vegan ice cream at this place too! When I saw it I got super excited and ordered some obviously. While we where in line to order Matt showed up. We went outside and where we were standing we had a good view of the parade and so we decided to stay and watch it. It was the main street electrical parade. It was my first time seeing that and I was super excited as I knew the music I really wanted to see it in person. After the parade we went and got our spot for wishes. This is where everything went interesting. It was so cloudy you could not see the fireworks that came off behind the castle. It still looked cool that the entire sky changed colours but it was not the real thing. Obviously Robyn was upset about this and so the rest of the night we all tried our best to make it as much fun for her as possible. All though it ended on a not so happy note I was glad that I went to MK with them. I am choosing to have my last memories of Robyn be before wishes because I saw who she truly was. She was the one person I knew the least out of all the cast and I am glad I had that afternoon to get to know her more before she left and the opportunity was gone. I learned that on the carousel Cinderella and Prince charming both have a horse. So we ended up going on that ride twice so Robyn could ride Cinderellas horse. Overall it was a good day and one I will remember for ever. When I got home K, Kim and Nycole where sitting on the couch and they questioned me about where I was. I understand why as this was the first time I had done anything with anyone other then my roommates. I was so tired I just went right to bed.


Have a magical day!


Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment