Friday 3 January 2014

6 days in a row

7 really but I feel like New Years deserves a post of its own.


Boxing Day was crazy! The busses where half hour delayed because of crazy traffic!  Other then that the day went by fairly fast. It was surprising because I was working untill 12:45 that night. The park was open untill 10:30 and we had emh till 12:30. I knew I was going to be late when on my schedule that I was there untill 00:45. It was me a Kirsten for the last hour and a bit and that was fine. Surprisingly it didn't drag in as much as normal emh's do. We ended up closing a few min early with permission from a manager. We where filling out the papers and the maintenance people came and asked if we where done for the night. When we said we where they turned all the lights off in the attraction. The only ones on was the table light we have in the office. I waited for Carrie to finish at work and then we went home together. 

I don't really remeber much of what happened on Friday. Probably just the usuall stuff. Nothing stands out in my mind about it so I'm going to guess it was fine. 

Saturday again was a normal day of work.  Again nothing exciting happened. 


Sunday (yesterday) was an intresting day. It was this girl Robyn's throw out. What a throw out is for those who don't know it's basically the big send off that the pavilion gives before they leave. The problem with this was that Robyn's boyfriend who also works in the attraction got his schedule confused. He thought he was done at 9:30 like he has been for the last month. Really though he was done at 10:30. So him getting home for it was going to be a challenge. The big problem was it was at his place. He was going to be there (hopefully) by 11:30 but he needed to get there earlier then that. Luckily it all worked out and someone from merch with a car was also done at 10:30 so they went together. I brought clothes with me to change into. I was with this other girl Nicole from the attraction. We both changed and so we ran as fast as we could onstage to get to the bus. Turns out it was the 11:10 bus so we had some time to kill. We here not that worried about getting there on time because of the fact that out of everyone we had the biggest reason not to be there on time. We ended up getting a taxi to housing payed for by the people in food and bev. The more people they have in the cab the cheaper it is so there was 9 Canadians all together. They went to vista first and Nicole, myself and this other girl from merch where so early we had almost a half hour to kill. I went back and it a protein bar to eat on the way as I was starving. And we started to slowly walk over. We where taking our time when we saw that other people went into the apartment so we went in. It was a nice send off she gave some of the stuff she didn't want away and have out the awards she had. Who ever wanted to said something about Robyn. Normally a story about something that happened when they where together. I wanted to say something too. I have only known her for two moths and we never made a real realationship but I still wanted to say something. I basically said how I was glad to have someone around who I could always look at and learn from. Coming into the attraction is a hard thing to do. The cast is so close because there are so little of them. Finding the people you can ask questions and look up to is hard. I always knew that when Robyn was around I could learn and ask her questions. It was nice to go and see what a throw out was like and not be too attached to the person leaving. 


Monday was a normal day. It felt like it went on forever and all of our cast where just trying to get through the day. No extra magic was made that day. Overall an okay day before the madness. 



Have a magical day! 

Sam 

No comments:

Post a Comment