Friday 22 November 2013

Kennedy space centre!

So today I went to the Kennedy space centre! With my family in town we all went together. They picked me up at vista at 9:30 and we where off! Of course with Bob driving and 7 of us in the car it was an exciting ride! I just sat back and laughed at what was going on. We got lost a few times and people were getting frustrated. I just laughed and remembered what it was like to travel with family. Once we got there and walked in I was disappointed. I thought it was going to be more exciting and more things to do. The first building we went into was the angry birds space incounter. I was a room with iPads and a few other interactive angry birds theme things. And they had this maze thing. It was a mirror maze with low light and weird lights. I kept thinking how this is not Disney and not to have the same expectations. From there we went and got lunch. After lunch uncle bob had all these things planed that he wanted to do when we where there. With a 2 year old ruling the schedule it was not going to be possible. We walked into this building after lunch and this one was more grand like what I was expecting. We walked up this ramp into this theatre thing. We watched this movie on the making of the space shuttle and then we walked through these doors to go into another room with a screen. We watched a movie about the take off of the space shuttle and the time between it being done and going into space. Then the screen faded and you could kind of see through it to see the room behind. Then the screen roled up and there was the shuttle hanging from the cealing. It was so big! I knew it was going to be big but never seeing one in real life made it different. They had a few things around it that where interactive. Then we walked down this ramp to the main floor. They had a lot more interactive things and simulators. They also had this take off simulator. It was so cool! I went with Stacey, Martin and Bob. They way the lady described it to this family was they lean you back and shake the seat. Basically that's what it was but it was so cool! It was really well done and the kind of stuff I was expecting. After we did that building we got on a bus and we did a tour that they said was 15 min to get to the destination but it felt longer. They talked about things in history that happened. Things they are building currently and even a bit about the animals. The bus took us to this building and this is where we got all messed up. We where to go through these big doors and walk around upstairs before coming down but those doors where closed so we followed the crowd. Who obviously had no idea what they where doing. So we ended up entering through the gift shop or the exit. It was a big building with something else hanging from the ceiling I don't remember what it was though. It was really wide and open and talked more about... Well I don't actually remeber to be honest. We walked around the gift shop and I waited with grandma while she got a few things. We then got back on the bus to head to the visitor centre. Once we got back we started heading towards the car. They took me to the house and I got the tour of it. It is a lot smaller then I expected but it is nice. Big enough so that everyone can have their own space but small enough that there is no wasted space. Stacey and Julie where going to go to the outlet store next to the commons. I went with them and was there for a little before I decided to head home. Over all it was a nice day and lovely to see my family again.



Have a magical day!

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment