Sunday 24 November 2013

Book signing

Today I had the day off and I was extremely happy about that! I went I a book signing for Marty Sklar. Must be honest I had no idea who he was before I came down here. So I'm not surprised when  one else has any idea who he is, anyway he is a Disney ledgend. He helped design and build Magic Kingdom after Walt died ad he is the only person to of gone to every grand opening of every Disney park. I don't even know what his book is about really, I think it is about his life and stuff like that. I got on the first bus that could take me to team Disney. As vista was the first stop we stopped at the other two housing complexes. With that came a few other people going to the same thing. Once we got there we had to show our cast id to security and then we went and lined up. We got there at about 8:00 and the store didn't open until 9 so we had a bit of a wait. I was listening to the two people from the cp program talk to this other lady about work and the school system as such. Eventually I started talking to them too. The one girl works at a hotel in children's activities. It sounds like such a cool job to play games all day. The other guy was friends with goofy (or in entertainment as we both learned that day). We bought our books and then got in a different line where we got wristbands. Marty arrived just shortly after 10. The line was moving at a good pase, it was good because it was fast but you could also talk to him for a bit. If you wanted a picture you had to have your camera ready to give the lady when they took your wristband off. It was finally our turn at almost 11. Not bad really and considering he was only there until 12 it was good timing as probably some people didn't get a chance to meet him. He was super nice. He asked where I worked and then when I told him he asked of people asked about Canada and I said they do. Then the best thing ever happened! Marty asked where I was from in Canada I said I was from outside of Toronto. Then after the Canada question he asked if people asked me about our mayor. MARTY SKYLAR ASKED ME ABOUT HIM! It totally made my day! Anyway it was cool. We where allowed to get 2 books so I did and I am mailing one to this camper Curtis from the summer. After the book signing Carrie picked me up from down town Disney and her Carolyn and Kim went to whole foods. We had just gotten payed and then I spent it all and more.... I need to stop going to whole foods for things I can get at publix. We went to Walmart after and I got a new bath mat. Kim bought like this plastic one that didn't do anything. It would make a puddle on the mat and make the floor all wet. Once we got home I put everything away and went to down town Disney to go Christmas shopping! I mainly went there for a watch as I haven't gotten one with my birthday money from my parents. I didn't get a watch but I got a few DVDs on the making of both us parks, a walt Disney quote book and this huge walt Disney book of art. I wanted it for so long and I decided to finally get it with some birthday money as my Holliday discount. Other then that I just went home and tried to watch mean girls but my computer was acting all funky. I fixed it though!!!



Have a magical day! 


Sam 

No comments:

Post a Comment