Tuesday 1 October 2013

DORMS aka housing registration

Disney has finally put something in place they have talked about for awhile now, or so I've heard. Anyway, more about the process. It was very confusing at first. Three weeks ago we got an e-mail from Disney and it had a link to the dorms site, but it didn't work. I was really confused as was everyone else. One of the tips I can give to someone who is waiting to leave is, if Disney sends you something that doesn't work you don't need it. We where all so confused and stressed about the links not working and getting everything done on time before we leave. Don't worry about it though, everything works out in the end. Earlier this week Disney sent out two emails from housing. It has all the information you need to fill out your housing requests. This is where you can tell Disney any roommate requests and your housing preferences. It is a really straight forward form to fill out. I said that I didn't care who I was with for a roommate. Mostly because I don't really know anyone under 21, there is one girl in my arrival group under 21. Well that I know of, and so we will probably be put together anyway. Disney tries to put people in the same apartment who have the same or close arrival dates. They do this so that if they want to the housing company can do any reno's they want and to have an entire apartment to fill with new arrivals. You can put down your top three choices for housing complexes and how many rooms you want. I had a tough choice deciding the order for my housing choices. All I knew for sure is that I don't want vista, it is the oldest and farthest from the other three complexes. What it came down to is a comment that was posted on a housing question on the Facebook group. He gave a short summary of all the housing complexes and it really helped me make my choice. The decriptions where: Patterson- newer, more expensive, walk to bus, no washer dryer. Commons: most expensive, washer dryer, sometimes annoying bus times, some apartments are small, lots of CRPS about, very close to shops and outlet. Vista: cheap, has a reputation, close to lots of stuff and good arivial times, largest for pretty party central. Last but not least, Chatham: close to bus, longest wait to go to Epcot apartments are pretty decent. Some of the things he said didn't make sense but it gives am overal idea of the complexes. Oh and by the way Patterson does have a washer and dryer just not in the apartment. The commons apartments are more expensive because they have the washer and dryer in the apartment. My final decision was the Commons, Chattam and then Patterson. I would be happy with any of those three but I would love commons. Not just because of the laundry in the apartment but because of how close it is to publix and the outlets. We will see what happens when I get there though! Overall the housing stuff is nothing to stress over. Disney has been doing this for so long that they know what they are doing, everything works out in end so just try and relax.

Have a magical day! 

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment