Tuesday 8 January 2013

Why Disney?

This is a question I get a lot. Now that I have started to tell people about my love for Disney, people are constantly asking me why? Some times I think they are thinking 'you are 18 years old and of all of the things to be passionate about you chose Disney? A company mainly known for its princesses and family entertainment' I think a lot of people wonder this, and I would of thought the same thing. I now know that Disney is way more then just a company that makes movies about princesses and fairytales. Disney is a company started by my role model Walt Disney himself. Yes my obsession with Disney started with the man himself. The first time I remember having interest in Walt was when my family took our first and only trip to Walt Disney World. My sister and dad went into the Narnia exhibit, but I made my mom take me into the Walt Disney attraction. I remember looking at everything, trying to take it all in but I honestly at the time knew nothing about the man other then the company he started. I remember seeing pictures of different things like them making Disneyland and Walt Disney World. At the end they had this movie and again I made my mom sit and watch the entire thing. Once we got outside it occurred to me that we had been in there longer then I thought. One thing that I regret from that trip was not being more interested in Disney. I wanted to go to Disney to tell people I went there, to show off to my friends that I went there. I was too cool to ride dumbo (my biggest regret from that trip) I was to old for the monsters Inc laugh floor. Now knowing what I do I would go back in a heart beat to do everything all over again. I have learned so much about Disney and about myself since that trip but one thing that has remained the same is disney. People have religion to turn to when times get tough, but me and many other people we turn to Disney. I love Disney because of what I think it stands for; family, hope, dreams, wishes, never giving up, believing in yourself and so much more. I personally believe that Walt Disney was not a bad man. Not everyone will agree with me and I know and accept that but thats what I think and people will never be able to tell me otherwise. Walt Disney has shown me its okay to be different, fight for what you believe in and follow your dreams. Everything I have heard millions of times but when it comes from such an amazing man like Walt it's different.

Overall I love disney for what it stands for, what it does to help people. Gives me something to believe in and Walt Disney inspires me to do the impossible.



Have a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment